Notepad Chaos

Just another WordPress weblog

A short note on my “Notepad Chaos” theme

August3

I get a lot of inbound emails from users asking for CSS/HTML help on my “Notepad Chaos” theme. When I created this theme, it was for WordPress users only. Since then a handful of wonderful designers and developers have ported it over to other platforms, such as blogger.

Unfortunately, I know very, very little about these other platforms. My only CMS experience has been with WordPress, Expression Engine and some custom platforms. If you have any issues with the way the theme is rendering or working on any of these platforms, feel free to email me and ask. If it’s on a platform outside of these – I apologize, but I’m really no help at all.

This also pertains to all of the themes that I’ve created.

posted under News
18 Comments to

“A short note on my “Notepad Chaos” theme”

1. Avatar September 23rd, 2009 at 11:26 am Jennifer Says:

Hi,

I just downloaded your theme to my new site for school. I am adding the widgets over to the sidebar but I’m not getting the background images on the Categories or Links. How do I do that?

Thanks so much. I love the theme!

2. Avatar October 29th, 2009 at 12:40 pm Tami LaTrell Says:

Hey! I love this theme since I am an established songwriter! The notepad, post it and the design is phenomenal!!

I just want to know how to customize the tab to the left to display the date? And yes, I am on Blogger.

Could you assist or no?

Thanks,

Tami

3. Avatar October 29th, 2009 at 12:40 pm Tami LaTrell Says:

you would need my domain hah! I corrected it above. thanks

4. Avatar October 29th, 2009 at 1:16 pm Katie Says:

Tami,

In Blogger, go to Settings, Formatting, Timestamp Format and choose the 4th option in the dropdown list.

Make sure you change the option on the Timestamp Format rather than the Date Header Format.

Hope this helps!

5. Avatar November 12th, 2009 at 6:13 am vicky Says:

The theme is great! I would love to use it but I can’t figure out something about the sidebars.
    How do I customize the sidebars? I see only one sidebar in the appearance widgets.
    I also saw that the sidebar.php says “Widgetized sidebar, if you have the plugin installed”
    what is the plugin you are talking about?! Thanks

6. Avatar November 12th, 2009 at 8:14 am admin Says:

@vicky I’m sorry, I meant to have said the theme is widget ready. Currently there’s no way to customize what appears or not in the sidebars since the post-it notes and such are integrated into the background in some places.

I’ll look at working that feature in on the next version.

7. Avatar November 12th, 2009 at 9:38 am vicky Says:

Thank you so much for the quick response! I’ll see what I can do by customizing it wherever I can! I downloaded the psd files as well.
    The theme is great and since I used in everyone says my blog looks great! Thanks again and if you like take a look!

8. Avatar January 24th, 2010 at 10:32 am Helina Says:

I use your theme. But i want to change one small thing. If you press some categories, every post shows like a blog. Title, tekst, pictures… but i wich that there have a list and then if press-have one single post.
    looks like this page : http://kambu.info/?page_id=87 (list)

im so sorry that my english have very bad, but i hope that You understand.

9. Avatar February 5th, 2010 at 1:10 pm Matt Says:

Great theme, thanks for making it available.
    I have used it on a site now with some minor mods, still tweaking CSS for the Satan that is IE but it’s close.

What do you think? http://www.aquamantra.com/blog

10. Avatar April 4th, 2010 at 10:08 pm Gabby Says:

Hey Evan,
    Excellent job, I love your theme. I was wondering how to go about in displaying a sub-page hierarchy for the “Categories” section. As of now I created some sub-pages for the categories but they don’t display. The sub-pages only show if I add a widget which then will be displayed on the bottom of the theme. I would like the following hierarchy using your example:
    * Default (Parent Page)
    * Design (Parent Page)
    * Miscellaneous Debris (Parent Page)
    * News (Parent Page)
    * Other News (Parent Page)
    * Photography (Parent Page)
    * Themes (Parent Page)
    * WordPress (Child Page #1)
    * Uncategorized (Parent Page)
    * Upcoming (Parent Page)
    * WordPress (Parent Page)
    * Support (Child Page #1)
    * Tutorials (Child Page #2)

Thanks
    Gabby

11. Avatar April 27th, 2010 at 5:46 pm Christina Estrada Says:

Wondering if you can refer me over to anyone to help me put in “reactions” at the bottom of each of my blog posts? Thanks, I love the templates you design. Beautiful!

12. Avatar May 19th, 2010 at 8:42 am Bruce Says:

Great theme, thanks for making it available.

What do you think? http://www.aquamantra.com/blog

13. Avatar January 1st, 2011 at 8:57 pm Beth Jones Says:

Hey, I am still trying to figure out how to move my Aweber opt-in form from the bottom to the top of the page to be more prominently displayed, and also how to move the search bar to the bottom. Is there any way to do these thingss? Otherwise, LOVE it! Thanks so much!

14. Avatar February 12th, 2011 at 8:53 pm Jules Says:

How do you get rid of this text “This is an example of a WordPress page, you could edit this to put information about yourself or your site so readers know where you are coming from. You can create as many pages like this one or sub-pages as you like and manage all of your content inside of WordPress.” from the footer? I found it in master.html and deleted the text first, then deleted that whole file, but the text is still on the footer. It makes the site look unfinished. How can I get rid of it?? Please help. I am asking everywhere about this but no joy so far. Pls email me julianne [at] xtra dot co dot nz if you know the answer.

15. Avatar August 8th, 2011 at 3:16 pm Erin Says:

I love this theme and would like to use it for my class webpage. . How do I do this? I downloaded the file but am not sure where to go….thanks!

16. Avatar November 18th, 2011 at 7:14 am best pharmacy Says:

17. Avatar October 10th, 2012 at 10:47 am Jo Ann Says:

fyi, there is a read-me in the psd folder that explains a few things like archive

18. Avatar December 11th, 2012 at 4:26 pm Johnantan Says:

Is is possible to get it on WordPress.com not self hosted ?

Email will not be published

Website example