Notepad Chaos

Just another WordPress weblog

“Notepad Chaos” Version 1.5 WordPress theme now available

August4

An interim update of the popular “Notepad Chaos” WordPress theme is available. I’m still planning a major 2.0 release, but have been slammed by other work as of late to get to it. Sincere apologies for taking this long just to get this update done.

The theme has been cleaned up and updated to the latest version of wordpress. I’ve added in Gravatar support, custom category page and dynamic sidebars to include all the widget you want (can’t guarantee they’ll all look good though).

The next release will have threaded comments, an updated design, and whatever else I can squeeze in.

You can download the theme here.

Download the photoshop files generated for the theme here. Enjoy!

posted under News
97 Comments to

““Notepad Chaos” Version 1.5 WordPress theme now available”

1. Avatar January 6th, 2011 at 5:18 pm soham Says:

How can I put a header image in this theme? Tht’s ht eonly show-stopper for me currently !!

2. Avatar January 6th, 2011 at 5:22 pm soham Says:

How can I put a header image in this theme? Tht’s the only showstopper for me !!

3. Avatar January 6th, 2011 at 5:23 pm Soham Says:

Does it hv threaded comments?

4. Avatar January 13th, 2011 at 3:46 pm skyler Says:

hey people

5. Avatar January 13th, 2011 at 3:48 pm skyler Says:

!!!

6. Avatar January 13th, 2011 at 3:49 pm skyler Says:

hey people!!!!!!*****

7. Avatar January 20th, 2011 at 1:54 pm StaSik Says:

Спасибо большое за то что вы есть!!! Увидев эту тему я решил сделать сайт для своего класса!

8. Avatar February 7th, 2011 at 9:08 am Beth Says:

Hi, love the theme. How can I move my Aweber opt-in form up to the top of the page on the right side (on the sidebar) – or can I? Thanks so much!

9. Avatar February 7th, 2011 at 5:12 pm Lorena Says:

Não consigo baixar o tema, me ajudeeeeeeee

10. Avatar February 12th, 2011 at 3:49 am Tina Says:

Brilliant theme! Thank you :)

11. Avatar March 1st, 2011 at 12:19 am short poems Says:

Beautiful theme!

12. Avatar March 8th, 2011 at 8:14 am Laura Mesa Says:

Hi everybody!
    I’m using this template, but I’m having several problems. My facebook buttons doesn’t appear, although I choose this option. I don`t know why it doesn’t work and when I publish something new, it’s the same problem with my name. It doesn’t appear. How can I solve it?
    Thanks

13. Avatar March 19th, 2011 at 10:58 am Patrizia Says:

Been using this theme for a few months now because I thought it was awesome, but then suddenly today it went all weird & now I don’t know how to fix it. Please can you help?

14. Avatar March 27th, 2011 at 12:48 pm Kati Korosi Says:

This is the best theme, I love it!

Thanks!

15. Avatar April 20th, 2011 at 2:27 am Tori Says:

G’Day from Tori

16. Avatar April 21st, 2011 at 2:31 am Gryziolki Says:

It’s the best theme I ever seen. I’m using it since I started my blog. I was looking for good theme very long and then I found this. It’s great!

17. Avatar April 27th, 2011 at 7:26 am blah Says:

Testing

18. Avatar April 27th, 2011 at 7:30 am Sam Says:

Is there anyway to copy the script?

19. Avatar May 1st, 2011 at 8:58 am Hugo Says:

Thanks for sharing, is a really nice theme, I’m using it in my blog.

Regards!

20. Avatar May 16th, 2011 at 7:07 pm lool Says:

Hello, i’m french and i have personalised the design of this nice theme on Dotclear.
    Thanks for this theme, and if you want see us site… of climbers 😉

21. Avatar June 22nd, 2011 at 7:24 pm Bobbi Says:

I’m new to WordPress and I’m having an issue with your theme.

The page has styles defined in the head:
    /**/

How can I get rid of this?

22. Avatar June 22nd, 2011 at 7:54 pm Bobbi Says:

I figured it out. Nevermind.

23. Avatar July 1st, 2011 at 5:43 am 11 Aristic free WP templates | WordPress - News, WP Themes, Templates, Tips, Tutorials, Downloads, Resources Says:

[…] Preview […]

24. Avatar July 8th, 2011 at 7:31 am Free Themes, Templates, Downloads | NotePad Chaos Free WP Theme | WordPress - News, WP Themes, Templates, Tips, Tutorials, Downloads, Resources Says:

[…] Preview […]

25. Avatar August 20th, 2011 at 8:24 am joanna Says:

Hello,

I’m just starting a blog for my son who’s a type 1 diabetic. I LOVE this theme!!! I just uploaded the vs 1 but then saw the 1.5 vs. I can’t seem to get it to work. I don’t see the XML document that it asks for to change the template. Can you please help : )

Thanks,

Joanna

26. Avatar October 19th, 2011 at 11:23 am Roelof Wobben Says:

Hello,

Can I have instead of the categories section, the widget section so I can put there my archive widget ?

27. Avatar October 25th, 2011 at 10:40 am Lara Says:

Hello, I really like your template and I just downloaded it for my blog but I have a kind of green band at the top which I didn’t have on blogger and that you don’t have on this website. What can I do to get rid of it ?

28. Avatar November 14th, 2011 at 10:35 am best pharmacy Says:

i’ve just updated to Notepad Chaos 1.5, nice sidebar and gravatar, but something I don’t like. It is: when I add widget to sidebar. The background cathegories, Friends and Link, meta…(a piece of paper background) dissapear. Hope the incoming NC 2.0 fix it(not really a bug, but I prefer the background piece a paper ). :)

29. Avatar November 25th, 2011 at 11:32 am Nina Says:

Hi Evan,

Thank you for creating such a wonderful theme. I do have one question. How do you access or create information for the “What is this place” Sidebar? I can’t seem to find it anywhere on the wordpress dashboard or widgets. Would you be able to send me a quick answer to how to edit this or how to remove the heading if possible?

Thanks so much!
    Nina

30. Avatar November 30th, 2011 at 5:44 pm ali Says:

31. Avatar December 7th, 2011 at 10:12 am Ben Says:

Hello, thank you for this great work. I’ll try this.

32. Avatar December 7th, 2011 at 11:15 pm Notepad Chaos: A Free WordPress Theme « Campur Aduk.com Says:

[…] The theme has been updated to version 1.5. It’s now up-to-date with cleaner code and includes a lot more functionality (gravatars, dynamic sidebars, etc.). You can find the files and demo here (http://www.notepadchaos.com/?p=5). […]

33. Avatar December 7th, 2011 at 11:15 pm Notepad Chaos: A Free WordPress Theme « Campur Aduk.com Says:

34. Avatar January 7th, 2012 at 8:06 am ihavenothing Says:

i use blogspot, this theme unavailable :(

35. Avatar January 17th, 2012 at 4:35 am jack cabida Says:

Brilliant!

36. Avatar June 27th, 2012 at 5:15 pm charles Says:

Excellent :)

37. Avatar July 11th, 2012 at 6:01 am Bartek Smykowski Says:

I found your theme at some site. Wanted some travel WP theme and when I couldn’t find any suitable and beautiful, I’ve found Notepad Chaos and Desktop Chaos. I must say WOOOOWWW. This designs are so inique and cute. It will go for my blog and stay there forever. Thank you.

38. Avatar July 18th, 2012 at 2:30 am Notepad Chaos: A Free WordPress Theme |Layout to HTML Says:

[…] The theme has been updated to version 1.5. It’s now up-to-date with cleaner code and includes a lot more functionality (gravatars, dynamic sidebars, etc.). You can find the files and demo here. […]

39. Avatar September 23rd, 2012 at 10:55 pm Top 10 Free Business WordPress Themes | Themes Bar Says:

[…]  Download | Demo […]

40. Avatar October 12th, 2012 at 5:13 am Rajesh Says:

i like your design

41. Avatar October 18th, 2012 at 9:25 am nico Says:

Wonderful theme, thx. I use it on my blog and on one or two clients websites.

42. Avatar November 17th, 2012 at 7:05 am Max Says:

Great theme

43. Avatar November 19th, 2012 at 8:07 am Charles Says:

I love your design, how can i download it ?

44. Avatar December 11th, 2012 at 4:24 pm Doodle Jump Deluxe Says:

Is it possible to download your theme ?

45. Avatar December 11th, 2012 at 4:25 pm Marc Says:

I found this theme too but how to get it ?

46. Avatar April 4th, 2013 at 7:18 pm Junior Says:

This is an amazing theme and I also loved it. I guess this is a good example to study the codes and learn something else.

47. Avatar June 28th, 2013 at 4:24 pm Notepad Chaos: A Free Wordpress Theme | Smashing Magazine Says:

Email will not be published

Website example