Notepad Chaos

Just another WordPress weblog

Notepad Chaos Version 2.0

November4

Version 2.0 is finally here. I went ahead and redesigned into a wider, 3-column layout to allow more room for widgets and such. I had to ditch the old route of using pages, so they’ve been added into a new column to scale easier. Gravatars and widgets have all been enabled, and now you should have plenty of room to build in ad space if you’d like. I considered building that in, but still haven’t figured out how to hook into the WordPress dashboard for easier manipulation. I guess that will be version 2.5…

Anyhow, enjoy the theme. New files are located below to download:

Please leave the footer links and logos intact if used. Enjoy!

NOTICE: Please only download this theme from here (notepadchaos.com), or through Smashing Magazine. There are a few sites out there redistributing this theme with spyware/malware embeded.

Like this theme? Check out the variant theme “Desktop Chaos”:

posted under News, Themes
175 Comments to

“Notepad Chaos Version 2.0”

1. Avatar November 5th, 2009 at 12:15 pm Tom Says:

Thank’s for such a great theme. Out of interest what font did you use for the “Recent Posts” widget, its really cool

Tom.

2. Avatar November 5th, 2009 at 8:15 pm admin Says:

That happens to be my own handwriting, scanned and used.

3. Avatar November 9th, 2009 at 4:54 pm Interweb Says:

Hi, Love the theme it’s pretty darned pimping :D I liked the v1.5 theme better (for my purposes anyway). Could you possibly provide a download link for that as I can’t seem to find one (i would be very grateful).

Many Thanks

4. Avatar November 10th, 2009 at 3:54 am telle Says:

I am somewhat new to the entire blogging world. I love this theme and downloaded it, but how do I use it in wordpress? Can someone give me some help? I’d appreciate it! :-)

5. Avatar November 10th, 2009 at 4:06 am Interweb Says:

@ Telle:

Just log into to your install of wordpress and go to: “appearance > themes > add new theme > upload theme”

Then browse to the downloaded zip file and install it. Once installed simply activate it.

6. Avatar November 11th, 2009 at 10:08 am bassdrum Says:

hey interweb, love ur theme and use it, but my ratings dont work since i installed the new one ?! it´s an ajax plugin, another plugin (ajax shoutbox) works fine. i dont know what i can do.

ever heard of this problem?

(hope u can understand this, cause im from germany^^)

7. Avatar November 11th, 2009 at 11:12 am bassdrum Says:

no problems anymore, everything rigth!

thx 4 the theme!

8. Avatar November 13th, 2009 at 8:17 am Emma Says:

My! The variant theme was unbeliveble nice! When will it be avalible?

9. Avatar November 13th, 2009 at 8:18 am Emma Says:

NM! I din’t realize thete was a downloadlink :)

10. Avatar November 13th, 2009 at 11:15 am Mustafa Says:

First I want to say thanks for this innovative looking theme. However, I also want to mention a problem with internet explorer 6 and older versions. The recent posts all seem at the down of the page, and I think maybe you have an idea to fix it.

11. Avatar November 14th, 2009 at 9:03 am Conny Says:

Danke für die Themes.Ich werde mein altes Design behalten.
    gruß Conny

12. Avatar November 18th, 2009 at 5:54 pm Mayank Abhishek Says:

Is a blogger version available for v2.0? I mean has some one ported it yet?

13. Avatar November 24th, 2009 at 3:06 am Lixia Says:

thank for the theme :) very beatifull ^^

how to fill the “what is this place?”

14. Avatar November 24th, 2009 at 3:30 am Lixia Says:

oh it’s ok, I found how to do it.

15. Avatar November 24th, 2009 at 4:07 am Tayler Says:

Hi, I’m having trouble as an error occurs when I try to install the 1.5 version??

Thanks, It looks like a FANTASTIC theme!

16. Avatar November 24th, 2009 at 4:10 am Tayler Says:

This is the error:

Unpacking the package.

Incompatible archive PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature

17. Avatar November 25th, 2009 at 8:56 pm katie d Says:

Hi. I love the new version. One problem I have with it is that you can’t remove Categories, Pages & Recent Posts etc. I would like to replace a couple of them with different widgets. Is there any chance this might be possbile somehow?

Thanks :)

18. Avatar November 26th, 2009 at 12:33 am mike e Says:

Beautiful theme. I don’t know if I’ve seen one better. I am having a small issue though with the About page tying into the “What Is This Place?” section. No matter what I type there, it only shows the first character.

19. Avatar November 26th, 2009 at 7:15 pm Jim Says:

Can you post both the two-column (1.5) and the three-column (2.0) themes?

I’d rather use the two-column but all the links (on the older blog pages) still download 2.0.

Very cool theme.

20. Avatar November 27th, 2009 at 2:45 am ruben Says:

LOVE the theme but would be great to change the background color maybe in the next update?

21. Avatar November 30th, 2009 at 8:57 pm katie d Says:

Does anybody know the best way to either change the widgets in the middle column, or completely remove the middle column ( the one containing ‘pages’ & ‘categories’). Because I prefer v2.0, but I would live to either have different widgets there or have the first column wider.

Thanks.

22. Avatar December 4th, 2009 at 9:30 pm andreapelingo Says:

hi, can you please make the oldest version of this theme, the one with only two columns, but with the date background?

23. Avatar December 8th, 2009 at 7:59 am Tib Says:

Hello,

Is it possible to change the background image for another one ? I’d like to change it, what do I have to do ?

24. Avatar December 17th, 2009 at 2:06 am Ruben Says:

Please do an update to notepad chaos 2.5 and please give us the option to change the background color to any color we want PLEASE

25. Avatar December 17th, 2009 at 9:44 am Evan Says:

It would be extremely difficult to be able to change the background color on the fly. A lot of the images and styles are dependent on the blue background. I’d suggest reading up on CSS and playing with the theme.

26. Avatar December 23rd, 2009 at 12:40 am ruben Says:

I change the color in wordpress from

body {
    background:url(images/page-back.gif) repeat-x #3f808a;

to

body {
    background:url(images/page-back.gif) repeat-x #ff55ca;

But nothing happens

27. Avatar December 23rd, 2009 at 2:34 pm Mark Fogarty Says:

Ruben… I changed the color in style.css and it changed for me. When I first looked at it there was no change, even after refreshing once… but when I refreshed a second time the background color changed.

I found the same thing happened often when I was tweaking the colors and graphics of this most excellent theme… I just refreshed a couple times and would see the changes.

28. Avatar December 23rd, 2009 at 4:03 pm ruben Says:

Wow thanks Mark who knew the refresh button would do the trick feel dumb now lol. Ok stupid question but very knew to this now that I have changed background color how do I change the footer and header background color?:s

29. Avatar December 24th, 2009 at 5:45 am Mark Fogarty Says:

Ruben, the header and footer are actually jpg images, footer.jpg and outer-back.jpg. You would need to download the Photoshop file Evan provides above and do some work changing colors and exporting/replacing those files. It was great of Evan to include that file as well.

It will take a bit of work but it’s totally doable. I am currently working on a site using this theme, but with a totally changed set of background images and colors.

30. Avatar December 25th, 2009 at 2:36 am ruben Says:

Great Thanks ALL for your help and Happy Holidays

31. Avatar December 25th, 2009 at 9:15 am Honey Khadem Says:

I’m using your beloved theme but there are 2 things I want you to add.
    first in new version of wordpress you can break comments into pages but it doesn’t work with your theme. I don’t know anything about php. I picked up the php code from wordpress default theme but don’t know where to put in comment.php
    also there is another feature so you can reply to a comment. again I have the php code from wordpress default theme but as I put it in comments.php the sky falls on my head :D
    I spent a whole week solving this problem but I couldn’t. pleaaaaaase help and add the codes in comments.php

32. Avatar December 31st, 2009 at 11:04 pm kuma Says:

what font do you use for such as “friend & links” or “what is this place”? is that the same font for adobe photoshop?

33. Avatar January 2nd, 2010 at 11:59 am Nikoline Says:

Hi there – great theme!
    It just a shame that I can find out how to use it in my own blog.
    Can you help me?

34. Avatar January 4th, 2010 at 9:25 pm Wendy Beresford Says:

Great theme. only problem is when viewing with Internet Explorer 6. The yellow post-it for Recent Posts is broken. The top part of the Post-it displays correctly (with Recent Posts text), then there is a large gap, the length of Pages and Categories in column 2, before the bottom part of Recent Posts displays (containing links to posts) this looks bad.
    See it here: http://www.wendyberesford.co.uk
    Can anyone help please?

35. Avatar January 5th, 2010 at 7:10 pm Natalie Giddings Says:

Hi – I would really like to know how to change the “what is this place” & “more debris” stuff.cheers
    natt

36. Avatar January 7th, 2010 at 9:09 am tyler Says:

hi evan

first off, awesome layout, thanks for allowing us to download it!

i was wondering if you could tell me how to edit the background and implement it into wordpress

i tried to match and crop the pieces from photoshop into the wordpress theme images but it just doesnt turn it properly

thanks in advance

37. Avatar January 8th, 2010 at 10:00 pm sweska Says:

The Desktop theme is simply amazing as well! :)

38. Avatar January 9th, 2010 at 3:10 am Melvin Says:

this is just soooooo awesome man.. really awesome..

39. Avatar January 11th, 2010 at 10:59 am Jennifer Locke Says:

I like Tellie above am somewhat new to the entire blogging world. I love this theme and downloaded it, but how do I use it in wordpress? Can someone give me some help? I went to Appearance>Themes>, however I don’t see the add new theme > upload theme feature you mentioned above. Again I’m very new to all of this so there’s a great possibility I’m just doing something totally wrong.
    Thanks :)

40. Avatar January 18th, 2010 at 4:03 am Venki Says:

One of the most beautiful and awesomely artistic theme, very ingenious.

Thank you very very much for this amazing theme

41. Avatar January 23rd, 2010 at 1:27 am Josh Says:

Thanks for the great theme. Here are some suggestions for 2.5, if you’re taking requests … I’d like to see the background for the custom widgets go away and just use the notepad background that is already there. As well as be able to put the custom widgets on either sidebar rather than spanning across both. Thanks!

42. Avatar January 24th, 2010 at 9:02 am tony Says:

Excellent theme! One question for anyone. Upon install the “What is This Place?” only contains the Letter C. Where is that particular content editable? I can;t figure out why it is only showing a letter C and my prior theme had no similar area… Thanks again!

43. Avatar January 24th, 2010 at 6:16 pm Allison Says:

Great theme! Can you tell me how to edit the “misc. debris” section? Also can’t figure out how to place banners exactly where I want them. Suggestions anyone?

44. Avatar January 24th, 2010 at 8:11 pm tony Says:

Ok…so I answered part of my own question above…the “What is This Place?” I now know is taken from the about page…but why only the first letter? I’m using WP 2.9.1

45. Avatar January 26th, 2010 at 2:12 am Venki Says:

I am trying to install the theme but looks like its broken.

Unpacking the package.

Installing the theme.

Theme Installed successfully.

Warning: fopen(/home/debuglab/public_html/wp-content/themes/wp-theme-notepad-chaos/style.css) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/debuglab/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3598

Warning: fread(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/debuglab/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3601

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/debuglab/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3604

Actions: Preview | Activate | Return to Themes page

Selecting Preview doesnt give me anything (Blank Page) and i had to restore it back three times…

Broken Themes

The following themes are installed but incomplete. Themes must have a stylesheet and a template.
    Name Description
    ArtSeeTheme Stylesheet is missing.

wp-theme-notepad-chaos 2.0 Stylesheet is missing.

46. Avatar January 26th, 2010 at 9:41 pm petiksmode Says:

Very nice theme!

47. Avatar January 27th, 2010 at 11:27 am Dianne Says:

I would also love to use the theme but I am getting the EXACT SAME I message as Venki above:

“I am trying to install the theme but looks like its broken.

Unpacking the package.

Installing the theme.

Theme Installed successfully.

Actions: Preview | Activate | Return to Themes page

Broken Themes

Name Description
    ArtSeeTheme Stylesheet is missing.

wp-theme-notepad-chaos 2.0 Stylesheet is missing.”

Would love to use the beautiful theme but cannot load properly because the Stylesheet is missing. Help please!

Thanks!

48. Avatar January 27th, 2010 at 12:04 pm evan Says:

There’s no error in the theme, that’s due to the folders being uploaded to your server. Make sure only the theme folder gets uploaded and all files are one level deep.

49. Avatar January 28th, 2010 at 4:10 pm Smash Design Says:

Great theme

Thanks alot

50. Avatar January 29th, 2010 at 6:52 am Vikky Says:

Hi Evan,

Thank you for the Notebook Chaos theme. Loved it immediately when I saw it on Smashing Magazine. Suits my personality and my journal blog perfectly. Am so glad you have newer versions of it.

I was wondering why WP widgets have to occupy the two side columns.

After a few hours of studying your site and comparing it with mine, I was able to tweak the sidebar from columns.php. Am patting my back, hahaha, considering I don’t know much about coding. But I was able to:
    * delete the section on “What is this place?”. Anyway, it refers to my “About” page, and the content is too long.
    * also added the ad boxes on the two sidebar columns.

I was just wondering though how I can add a CALENDAR to the sidebar to show the days I’ve written an article. This feature seems to be the only one missing in my blog. Really need help in this aspect.

I really love your beautiful theme. Thank you so much for it.

Vikky

51. Avatar January 30th, 2010 at 2:59 pm FredInChina Says:

Hi Evan, I very much like the Chaos theme and wanted to use it for my travel blog; actually, the decision was made when I discovered that it now has three columns… (I don’t like it as much in 3 columns, too much stuff and distraction from focus)
    - Can I still use version 1.5 with 2 columns?
    - Can V1.5 have a “What is this place” box?
    - Is it possible to add a RSS button close to the search at the top?
    Thank you for creating such a beautiful design and thank you for the responses to my questions ;-)
    Have a great day,
    Fred

52. Avatar January 31st, 2010 at 7:14 am Radek Says:

Great theme indeed!

Do you have maybe a saved psd version with the slices defined? Or what method have you used to slice the psd project into jpegs?
    Thanks!

53. Avatar February 1st, 2010 at 7:33 am vicky Says:

I love your theme and I am using it! Everyone loves the design of my site!
    But look at this link that I came across for blogger! http://spiral-pad-deluxe.blogspot.com/
    Is this something you designed or they have copy your design without giving credits to you?!
    Check it out.

54. Avatar February 5th, 2010 at 12:43 pm Tami Says:

Does the new Notepad Chaos 2.0 have threaded comments? It was mentioned in the previous post, but this particular implementation doesn’t seem to use it.

55. Avatar February 13th, 2010 at 5:50 pm Xydexx Says:

Wow! Very nice design! I don’t use WordPress myself, but this is really impressive.

Oh… I just noticed the little mouse-over icons for the feed and your other websites at the bottom of the page. So cool!

56. Avatar February 18th, 2010 at 9:30 pm Nick Murray Says:

Thanks for all of your hard work in creating this. I have significantly customised v1.0 on my site and would love to hear what you think.

57. Avatar February 21st, 2010 at 12:19 pm penxil Says:

This is so great I need this for my new wordpress theme. Thank you so much

58. Avatar February 21st, 2010 at 1:56 pm Linda Says:

59. Avatar February 21st, 2010 at 1:57 pm Linda Says:

Really nice! Also took a look at ‘Desktop Chaos’ which is beautiful as well but this one is still my favorite! Keep up the good work!

60. Avatar February 22nd, 2010 at 8:55 pm Laura Says:

I don’t know anything about html or xml except to download the file and then upload the .xml file to my blog. But when I download this one to my computer and extract the files to my desktop I don’t see the .xml file so I can’t upload it to my blog. Can someone help me? Thanks!

61. Avatar February 25th, 2010 at 3:43 pm Jeni Says:

Okay, I’m completely new to the World of WordPress. I’ve downloaded the WordPress program on my computer, but can’t figure out how to install this layout.

Can I still use it if I don’t have my own domain or FTP thing? I’m just really confused! Help!

62. Avatar March 7th, 2010 at 9:51 pm Tina Says:

LOVE LOVE LOVE this theme. Thank you so much for allowing us to use it. I have a question…I noticed a couple people asked, but I couldn’t find a response. How to get the “about” page to NOT tie into the “what is this place”…I cannot figure it out for the life of me. Please let us know…thanks soooo much!!

63. Avatar March 11th, 2010 at 11:18 am K.McMahon Says:

Awesome theme! I was so impressed when I saw this theme on another blog I sought it out for one of my websites. When I learned it was FREE I got even more excited. Happy to have your link on footer and really appreciate such a great theme!

64. Avatar March 21st, 2010 at 7:26 pm David Says:

Ok, I’m going nuts here. I reworked the header and footer, removed a column so that my old entry banners fit, and managed to change the majority of the background in the css. But for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to edit the two blue bars to either side of my header. Can someone help me? the site is http://lifedeveloped.com/blog/ . Any thanks is hugely appreciated.

65. Avatar March 26th, 2010 at 11:29 pm Shweta Says:

Hey this is a wonderful template. But on uploading the html code an error is coming

Please correct the error below and submit your template again.
    Your template could not be parsed as it is not well-formed. Please make sure that all XML elements are closed properly.
    XML error message: Content is not allowed in prolog.

Could you please help me to upload this template.

66. Avatar March 27th, 2010 at 11:06 pm RJ Says:

Any way I can get the vectors for those paisley? They rock and I’d love to coordinate my personal biz cards with my blog!! Or even shift the colors a little… or shoot me a source of these?

67. Avatar April 2nd, 2010 at 4:52 pm FredInChina Says:

That’s it, my Karate Journey Around The World blog using Notepad Chaos is launched.

It looks great (but maybe I am biased a little?) and works great.

- I added a supersize RSS button on top, between the top tab & the search.
    - Suppressed the dates & number of comments on the sidebar recent posts.
    - Hid the About page because it did not fit both the purpose of an About page AND the data source for the side bar notice… I replaced it by another About Fred and FAQ page.

- Had a widget to show the most popular posts, but it created problems in IE8 and Opera, so I disabled it… maybe someone has something to suggest — or maybe it didn’t work well because the stats were at zero when we tried?

Have a look if you want (click on my name above) and please, by all means, send me a feedback on what you liked and what you didn’t, with your suggestions to improve…

Cheers
    Fred

68. Avatar April 3rd, 2010 at 1:38 pm Vladimir Says:

What an awesome theme…
    Yes, it would be awesome if we could change the background, but then the picture with flowers can’t be changed, unless the owner provides us with the main background pictures also in several different colors that match this same theme.

69. Avatar April 4th, 2010 at 3:43 am zip Says:

Theme compatible WP 2.9 and soon WP 3.0 ??

70. Avatar April 5th, 2010 at 5:25 am Hugh Says:

Hi, thanks for cool design.
    But I’ve got error.
    According to your blog, the left label shows Month and Date, like “November 4″, right?
    But in my blog, both of them doesn’t come out, it is written as “undefined”.
    How can I fix it?
    Thanks.

71. Avatar April 5th, 2010 at 6:46 am Emma Says:

Hi – love the theme, but i cant seem to get any audio player plugins to work on it, which is a massive disadvantage in my case as its used to show people someones music. i have tried “WPAudio” (http://wpaudio.com) and also Audio Player (http://www.wpaudioplayer.com) and neither of them work – is there a plugin i CAN use or a way around this?

72. Avatar April 6th, 2010 at 1:00 pm Jane Harmony Says:

Hi,
    First off, this is the most amazing blog template ever and is just what I needed. Love it! Had one problem, and it’s the same as Hugh’s, above ^^^. The tab images that should be dates are “undefined.” Also – I was looking at http://www.karatejourney.com/, who uses your template, and he has “page 1″ etc… underneath his recent posts column. Does that work for Blogspot?
    Thanks so much!
    jane

73. Avatar April 10th, 2010 at 11:23 pm Deanna Says:

I have the same issue as above.
    is there a fx for this?
    thanks in advance
    Deanna

74. Avatar April 11th, 2010 at 6:26 pm Gabriela Says:

I was wondering why my comment(s) were deleted from this post?

Gabriela

75. Avatar April 14th, 2010 at 2:48 am emma Says:

hi – i like the theme, but did change some heading tags around for SEO, and am finding an annoying problem:

I was also wondering why my previous comment got deleted asking this same thing..im unable to use the theme if i cant use an mp3 player with it

76. Avatar April 14th, 2010 at 2:49 am emma Says:

“but did change some heading tags around for SEO” – this is nothing to do with the mp3 player problem

77. Avatar April 14th, 2010 at 8:56 am deanna Says:

can someone PLEASE tell me how to remove the “undefined” from the date tab at the top? Please?

justtobi@gmail.com

78. Avatar April 17th, 2010 at 8:03 am Sketch Says:

Lovely theme, but the post content area is ridiculously narrow…it makes it practically unusable if you have a great deal of content. Would have been much better retaining the simpler and less cluttered two column layout but with widgets enabled. :(

79. Avatar April 19th, 2010 at 4:48 am emma Says:

anyone have any ideas? “no mp3 player plugins seem to work with this theme, can anyone suggest anything that does work? ive tried ‘WPAudio’ and ‘Audio Player’”

80. Avatar April 22nd, 2010 at 5:11 pm holly Says:

Same problem as Hugh and Jane Harmony with date not showing up properly.

Any resolution to the problem yet?

81. Avatar April 23rd, 2010 at 3:23 pm Crono Says:

hi!

i want date and author in all post please…how to add this?

enought histats counter does not works!please help me!

sorry for my english…mi blog:

82. Avatar April 25th, 2010 at 9:32 am martha Says:

hello, my recent posts don’t appear. what should i do ?

83. Avatar April 25th, 2010 at 9:33 am martha Says:

ohh, i have the notepad chaos 2 and my recent posts dont show. could you help me?
    thanks.

84. Avatar April 29th, 2010 at 7:30 pm Serpico Says:

Very very very nice theme. Thanks for making it free.

85. Avatar May 6th, 2010 at 7:37 am Bettina From Denmark Says:

I would really like to have this theme too … But how do I copy all the files to my edit-space ??? (I have changed themes before and it worked)
    Could anyone give me the code so I just have to copy and paste ??? or tell me how do Please :)

86. Avatar May 6th, 2010 at 4:54 pm Crono Says:

hi,you open xml file with notepad,copy and past in html box in layout panel…only this..it’s simple..you don’t upload images!

87. Avatar May 12th, 2010 at 8:18 pm Seba Haddad Says:

Hi, I’m new to the wordpress world and have one question: you offer the psd of this theme for download..does this mean I can use the psd to create my own background? and if so, do I use the same footer links and logos at the bottom? Thanks. Love this theme by the way that’s why I’ wanna personalize it :)

88. Avatar May 27th, 2010 at 4:15 am glinted Says:

I love this theme and the creative design. I found the PSD file to be a bit different though to the one displayed. Overall a very good theme.

I also have a list of free creative wordpress themes here: http://www.glinted.com/articles.asp?article=113

89. Avatar June 1st, 2010 at 2:31 pm F. Magdalene Austin Says:

There are few WP templates that excite me but this one does. When I saw it I said, ‘this is so me.” I love, love, love the art used and the entire lay out. So far I’ve got it all working just fine. I do, however, have a question (not a criticism). I wanted to know how to change the green background to a lighter color. Will the graphics work with a lighter shade of green? How would I go about changing the main background color? My email has been provided.

Again, few WP templates excite me but this one is so me. It took awhile but I found the one.

Faith

90. Avatar June 5th, 2010 at 7:32 am Marve Says:

Hi, after downloading the psd files, and editing them, how do you upload it to a wordpress theme?

91. Avatar June 10th, 2010 at 2:18 am Geek is a Lift-Style. » Blog Archive » Notepad Chaos: A Free Wordpress Theme Says:

[...] Notepad Chaos 2.0: Official Release and Download page [...]

92. Avatar June 22nd, 2010 at 12:43 pm Vladimir Says:

Hello…
    I’m using this theme here at GenuineAid.com
    and I need some professional advice on where and what code should I put in in order to get the Pages Sticky Notes show up under the search bar? and I want to keep everything the same as it is now, I just need to add those sticky pages, I can even design my own stickies I just need you to tell me how and where can I add the href and img src codes???
    Please answer soon!!!!!!!!

93. Avatar July 5th, 2010 at 1:48 am Shelley Pope Says:

I love the new upgrade. :)

94. Avatar July 16th, 2010 at 8:21 am Mary Horowitz Says:

Downloaded 2.0, and love it. Feedback for 2.5 or 3.0 (from a not-super-savvy blogger): include sharing options and follow/subscribe options at the top.

I also agree that the twitter feed should be in just one column on the notepad background–not in a two-column text box with a different background.

95. Avatar August 5th, 2010 at 5:38 am Notepad Chaos: un tema Wordpress gratuito para Blogs personales | diarioTHC, recursos para webmasters, bloggers y diseñadores Says:

[...] Chaos 2.0: Actualización oficial y página de descarga Comparte este [...]

96. Avatar August 6th, 2010 at 8:10 am Wendy S. Says:

Firstly, Evan, LOVE this theme…After looking around at tons of themes for my new blog, I knew instantly this was the perfect one for my “foolish mayhem” blog after all your chaotic theme fits in perfectly.

I know about CSS and old html but not WordPress coding, although I’m pretty quick to pick it up given the right directions. Would you mind telling me how to edit the sidebars with the “misc, area” and use the dynamic widgets to place my own widgets where the categories one now is, etc…

I would really, really appreciate it and thank you so much for creating and sharing such a wonderful theme!

97. Avatar August 21st, 2010 at 12:56 am curcuna Says:

great a theme. thanks..

98. Avatar August 23rd, 2010 at 8:34 pm Laney Lane Says:

Love this theme. I am excited to develop a classroom blog with it. Thanks for sharing n

99. Avatar August 31st, 2010 at 7:53 am kosmodisk Says:

very nice theme. thank you. thank you..

100. Avatar September 9th, 2010 at 10:46 am Best Wordpress Templates | VNAMEDIA.NET - Bring the World to your life! Says:

[...] Download Notepad Chaos Theme [...]

101. Avatar September 25th, 2010 at 12:53 pm 电子商务博客 Says:

很漂亮 但是希望有中文版的 thinks

102. Avatar September 28th, 2010 at 7:51 pm michelle Says:

Hello…

I have a similar question as one above – how can I add back in the ability to Reply to Comments??

THANK YOU!!

103. Avatar October 23rd, 2010 at 8:02 am Eileen Manticoff Says:

I would love to download this theme but when I do I can’t find it in my computer. I am searching my downloads, my recent documents basically everywhere in my computer. Can you help? Also once i can locate it how do i download this theme on wordpress? Does this theme also work with blogger? Please help, I am in love with this theme.

104. Avatar November 2nd, 2010 at 3:03 am jon Says:

As all the others, I love your theme…great work. I am a novice at blogging and I have no idea how to update my blog with this theme. I’ve downloaded it and unzipped it, however I don’t know what to do next. Please help as I’d love to get this up an running. I especially like the way it functions.

Kind regards

Jon

105. Avatar November 17th, 2010 at 8:44 pm Nina Says:

I can’t seem to use it. I’ve downloaded the thing but I can’t get it to my blog. How do I do it? :(

106. Avatar November 21st, 2010 at 2:25 pm BigHam Says:

Hi!
    Your template is really nice. So I changed to a template for Joomla 1.5. You’ll find it here: http://www.joomla.it/template/elenco-template/4589-jnotepadchaos.html

References to your site remained intact, in the code and description of the template.

Cosimo (aka Bigham)
    forum moderator joomla.it

107. Avatar November 22nd, 2010 at 11:34 pm manish kumar Says:

very cool theme for wordprees

108. Avatar December 8th, 2010 at 6:49 am Prashant Says:

nice theme i will use it thanks…

109. Avatar December 10th, 2010 at 1:37 pm Dianso Says:

v nice!

110. Avatar December 13th, 2010 at 10:30 am sdf Says:

[code][/code]

111. Avatar December 17th, 2010 at 3:25 am BigHam Says:

Hi Evan.

This is a web site create with your template converted for joomla 1.5: http://www.annavivarelli.it/

Ciao! :-D

112. Avatar December 20th, 2010 at 7:41 am Collection Of Best WordPress Free Themes Says:

[...] Download Notepad Chaos Theme [...]

113. Avatar December 26th, 2010 at 6:02 pm Ali Says:

i like this theme.thanks

114. Avatar January 2nd, 2011 at 6:13 pm Tim Says:

Nice!

115. Avatar January 30th, 2011 at 10:57 am Dawn Dalto Says:

I am working on the site of a friend http://www.justkenzie.com and she wants the date to only appear on the posts (blog) not on the pages.

Am banging my head against the wall trying to figure it out. Any help appreciated!

Thanks!
    Dawn

116. Avatar February 7th, 2011 at 9:26 am Fanciful Fran Says:

Hi! I used your theme in my blog and I’m totally loving it! I just have a question though, how do I add a new page? Because though I can a link for a new page in the blog, but no option is given about putting anything on that new page. Am really confused, please help!

117. Avatar February 14th, 2011 at 11:24 am aikur Says:

it’s nice! i like it

118. Avatar February 23rd, 2011 at 5:20 am Jessbeach Says:

Hii! Now becoming a member, glad to be here! I’m glad to be right here ultimately, heading to submit considering the fact that I’ve been studying a very long time.

I’ve been concerned for a while and have uncovered this area to have much better material, so it helps make sense to eventually post!

PS, how do I make myself have a cool title like some people here have? I always am by my phone but not by my computer, so it would be very helpful for me. Amazing how even a trainer needs so many electronics now!

119. Avatar April 9th, 2011 at 12:18 pm Evilspout Says:

interesante, fantástico, muy representativo para nuestro caótico mundo de diseñador y un excelente producto web…MIL GRACIAS!!

120. Avatar April 20th, 2011 at 2:57 am Tori Says:

ha come and chechout my new website http://www.torisworld.com.au

121. Avatar April 20th, 2011 at 8:23 am Shirley Says:

I have it all set up and everything seems to be working fine, except my “Followers” link in the right column. It worked when I first set it up, but even after deleting it and setting it up again, it still doesn’t work. Also, I had an “invitation” link to invite my friends and it has disappeared.

Any advice?

122. Avatar April 23rd, 2011 at 9:24 am ForumJoBa Says:

Hello, I am new on this forum… Glad to see you all
    My name is Ferio Larco. Living in California. Would like to find here new friends and to speak a bit about main topic:))

123. Avatar April 30th, 2011 at 2:06 am Thomas Says:

Hi!

I’m using this template in version 1 with Joomla 1.5 and I do have some problems. When I’m logged in (with admin rights) I don’t have the Edit-Buttons for editing the contents. And the field “Search” is not on the top.

Now I tried to install version 2 and got the failure message “no XML-File”

Could xou please explain what I’m doing wrong?

Best regards from nothern Germany,

Thomas

124. Avatar May 1st, 2011 at 11:02 am Brenda Says:

Thank you Evan Eckard, I totally LOVE the Notepad Chaos theme but I have some questions.

1) How do I insert copy and an image into “What Is This Page?” At one point my “about” page displayed it there, but when I added an image it disappeared and now even deleting the image won’t make it appear again. I’d like it to display an image too.

2) How do I get text widgets and custom menus to fit into one column of the sidebar instead of both, making them stay low on the page and have a different background.

3) How do I add my own “Friends & Links” and remove what’s there?

4) How do I access the html of the template, is it on my server or through my WordPress.org dashboard (under “Appearance” > “Editor” is just css)?

Thanks!!

125. Avatar May 9th, 2011 at 1:21 am Francis Says:

Hi Evan,
    You theme is greate! My readers like it very much.
    I use Notepad Chaos v1.0 now, I would like to use 2.0 version but I still want to use a two-column to fit my site. I studied a hour today and I found that ver1.5 is two-column. When I found you v1.5 link and download it, I still get a ver2.0 package!
    Please fix that link, or can you kindly send it to my gmail: mengfanchun@gmail.com
    That would be a great aid!
    BTW, I found there is a two-column pic under ver2.0 package, are you bring a opion to select two-column or three-column in ver2.1?
    Any way, you work is brilliant!!!

126. Avatar May 12th, 2011 at 9:38 am Test « eternallines Says:

[...] Notepad Chaos 2.0: Official Release and Download page [...]

127. Avatar May 25th, 2011 at 11:56 pm Fernando Says:

thanks for the theme, it’s awesome!!

Regard from Indonesia :)

128. Avatar May 26th, 2011 at 5:26 am doodsnash Says:

XRydia gov zwep iEEvaty

129. Avatar June 15th, 2011 at 7:32 am G.N.R.S.U Says:

I THINK YOU SHOULD INTEGRATE THE WIDGET FUNCTION !!!

130. Avatar June 15th, 2011 at 9:36 am Trixia Says:

Thank for such a wonderfull theme.

I’am very exited to use this theme.

Again, Thank you a lot.

131. Avatar June 30th, 2011 at 3:20 pm Pavan Kunala Says:

Thank you so much for the colorful theme.

132. Avatar July 1st, 2011 at 5:44 am 11 Aristic free WP templates | WordPress - News, WP Themes, Templates, Tips, Tutorials, Downloads, Resources Says:

[...] Notepad Chaos 2.0: Official Release and Download page [...]

133. Avatar July 8th, 2011 at 7:53 am Free Themes, Templates, Downloads | NotePad Chaos Free WP Theme | WordPress - News, WP Themes, Templates, Tips, Tutorials, Downloads, Resources Says:

[...] Notepad Chaos 2.0: Official Release and Download page Tags: Blog Themes, download wordpress themes, Free Templates, free WordPress theme, free wp themes, Personal Themes, WordPress themes « PreviousGirly Nature Free WP Theme Next »Irresistible Free WP Theme [...]

134. Avatar July 12th, 2011 at 6:09 pm Stefania Says:

Chaos for Joomla 1.6?? Please!!

135. Avatar August 1st, 2011 at 3:26 pm Hugo Says:

Does notepad chaos has nested comments?

Regards!

136. Avatar August 2nd, 2011 at 1:52 pm LuckyFM Says:

that’s so nice
    i’m just going to apply it to my clients site :)

137. Avatar August 3rd, 2011 at 8:54 am Giao duc Says:

very colorful. i will install it for my younger sister’s blog !

138. Avatar October 19th, 2011 at 2:30 am Cecilie Says:

I can’t find the upload new theme button on wordpress? Its not under themes???

139. Avatar October 19th, 2011 at 3:08 am Cecilie Says:

I cant upload it, it says: “The stylesheet has no tags. Add a Tags: line to your style.css file and upload the zip file again”

140. Avatar November 18th, 2011 at 10:40 am xlpharmacy Says:

I have this theme in my blog, I liked it since I saw it for first time, and I thought it was perfect for my kind of topics…

141. Avatar March 31st, 2012 at 2:27 am Kunz Phan Says:

Why after installing this theme, my page is no longer managing the bar at the top again. Instead, the site was down one row. How can I do?

142. Avatar April 17th, 2012 at 8:54 am Brooke Chao Says:

Kunz – I don’t actually care for the admin bar, so what I did was go into wp-includes/admin-bar.php, and just change the body top-margin declaration from 28px to 0px. I’m guessing the admin bar doesn’t work with this theme? For someone who wants the admin bar, you may need a more robust solution, but if you’re just trying to get rid of the 28px top area that’s added, that works. :-)

My question is why my archives don’t work. I have tons of posts, spanning several years, and yet, when I type in http://blog.the-chaos.com/archives.php, I get a 404 error stating it couldn’t find any entries. How can this be?

143. Avatar April 17th, 2012 at 12:04 pm Brooke Chao Says:

If I create a page using the archives template, this is what I get:

Something is wrong with the archives template. Any fixes?

144. Avatar April 17th, 2012 at 12:54 pm Brooke Chao Says:

Fixed it. Your archive template isn’t actually a working archive template! I found someone else’s code that creates and post/monthly/category archive, replaced the content portion of your archives.php template with the code, and then supplied the “” you were missing in your code just before the call for the footer. Now it works. It’s an absolutely beautiful theme, and for the most part works beautifully, but you really shouldn’t have supplied an archive template if it didn’t work.

145. Avatar April 17th, 2012 at 12:55 pm Brooke Chao Says:

Oops. It edited out my code. What was missing was an end div and another clear all, just before the get footer.

146. Avatar May 25th, 2012 at 10:14 am RapCulasp Says:

Chevy Shop Inc., has been doing business in Las Vegas, NV since 1973, specializing in Auto repair Shop, Transmission Repair, Auto Repair, Repair Shop, Car Repair, Truck Repair Shop, Automobile Repair, Auto Mechanic, Brake Shop and Automotive Repair. Call us today! We offer full service and repair on all GM-General Motors brands, such as Chevrolet, Buick, GMC and Cadillac cars and trucks. Check them out at http://www.chevyshoplv.com/.

147. Avatar June 23rd, 2012 at 4:44 am vipmrbin Says:

I have used many types of theme for my blog, and I decided to stop at your theme, I like it, so I do not want to change, and I’m waiting for Version 2.1 Notepad Chaos

148. Avatar July 19th, 2012 at 11:10 pm Notepad Chaos: A Free WordPress Theme |Layout to HTML Says:

[...] Notepad Chaos 2.0: Official Release and Download page [...]

149. Avatar July 28th, 2012 at 8:16 am delaila Says:

i can’t download to wordpress ” page not found” why pls help me
    seriously i love this theme…

150. Avatar August 9th, 2012 at 12:11 pm Gil Gillespie Says:

Hi Evan
    I really love this them and thanks for sharing it with us all for free!! I’m fairly new to Wp so to find such a lovely skin will really up my cred with my friends.

I have a wee question and I’m hoping you don’t mind answering? I’d love to add sub pages to one of my parent pages and I’ve gone through WP and followed the instructions but no joy. Is it possible to have sub pages in this theme? If not, no problem – I’ll find another way around it. Thanks again x

151. Avatar August 15th, 2012 at 5:51 am Gil Gillespie Says:

Just decided to work around the previous problem but anyone out there know how to add widgets to middle column? Any how to add info to What is this place?

152. Avatar September 18th, 2012 at 7:36 pm Maebee Says:

I was having the same problem with the dates being set as “undefined”. if you use blogger then all you have to do is change the settings. Click on settings, scroll to language and formatting sub-menu: choose and change time stamp format to
    september 18, 2012 (date, month, year), save your changes and refresh. It worked for me! :)

153. Avatar October 12th, 2012 at 1:48 pm Rajiv Verma Says:

I am not able to add an ‘Archives’ page for listing up my older posts, can you please let me know how do I do it?

154. Avatar October 12th, 2012 at 1:48 pm Rajiv Verma Says:

155. Avatar October 13th, 2012 at 1:39 am Cecile Says:

Your WordPress theme is really awesome. Congrats!

156. Avatar October 18th, 2012 at 1:00 pm Bobby Says:

Hi

157. Avatar November 19th, 2012 at 8:07 am Jeanne Says:

Awesome this wordpress theme !

158. Avatar December 10th, 2012 at 10:32 pm Yummy Says:

You did a great job

159. Avatar December 30th, 2012 at 10:56 am Dawn Kelly Says:

Hello there! I love this theme – it’s perfect for my refurbished furniture biz. I am having trouble linking to other sites, using the “Friends & Links” feature. How do I do this. HELPPP!!! I really need to use this feature.
    Thanks!

160. Avatar February 1st, 2013 at 2:27 pm Dianne Turgeon Richardson Says:

Love your theme. It’s gorgeous. Working on customizing it for my blog. Several people have asked about editing the “What is this place?” section, and there haven’t been any answers. Can someone help me out? It’s not linking to my “about” section as some folks have previously mentioned. I turned that into a page with my bio. I would like the “what is this place?” section to say something about the purpose of my blog. I’m a poet/writer, not a programmer, so please explain it to me like you would to a kindergartener! Thanks!

161. Avatar February 10th, 2013 at 2:08 am david Says:

i love your theme, thank you.
    i try to write a code to auto load more post and comment but i can’t, i realy need it. if you can, i think you shoud do that

162. Avatar February 11th, 2013 at 2:48 am john Says:

how to show new comment on the top? thank

163. Avatar February 11th, 2013 at 3:13 am john Says:

yeah i fix it, add this code to function.php
    if (!function_exists(‘iweb_reverse_comments’)) {
    function iweb_reverse_comments($comments) {
    return array_reverse($comments);
    }
    }
    add_filter (‘comments_array’, ‘iweb_reverse_comments’);

and new comment will show on top.

164. Avatar March 11th, 2013 at 3:24 pm Ivana Says:

Notepad chaos is amazing theme, thanks for sharing.

165. Avatar March 14th, 2013 at 10:27 pm GAbrielle Sutherland Says:

I loe both your themes, and am using them both–thank you. I have a problem though–I’m getting this error message for v 2.0
    Unpacking the package…

Installing the theme…

The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet.

Theme install failed.

Where can I get the css style sheet?
    Thanks,
    Gabrielle

166. Avatar March 15th, 2013 at 9:08 am Brandz Says:

I have déjà vu when I see this template, remind me of elementary school.;)

This template is one of the best I’ve seen!

167. Avatar March 30th, 2013 at 5:06 am Tamara Says:

Amazing template, thanks for sharing :)

168. Avatar April 8th, 2013 at 10:46 pm Bea Says:

Beautiful template. Thank you!
    But just one question: the template is with fix width. How can I make it a lbit widther without destroying the header image? Can you help me? That would be so great!!!

Thanks
    Bea

169. Avatar April 14th, 2013 at 1:41 am Vlado Says:

I believe that for this template took a lot of effort and vision, but the result is fantastic ;)

170. Avatar April 26th, 2013 at 2:14 pm What Causes Bed Bugs Says:

Good way of describing, and good piece of writing to get facts regarding my presentation subject, which i
    am going to convey in college.

Feel free to visit my web blog: What Causes Bed Bugs

171. Avatar May 1st, 2013 at 2:25 am http://galeria.ep09.pl Says:

Simply want to say your article is as astounding. The clearness
    to your post is simply nice and that i could think you’re a professional on this subject. Well with your permission let me to snatch your feed to keep up to date with coming near near post. Thanks 1,000,000 and please carry on the rewarding work.

172. Avatar May 1st, 2013 at 3:59 pm Sasa Says:

I admire people who know how to create such a masterpiece of web design!

173. Avatar May 3rd, 2013 at 2:44 pm Tom Says:

I bought a wordpress theme for my site, but I see there is a free theme that can be used for a good blog. Amazing;)

174. Avatar June 8th, 2013 at 1:33 pm Sanjin Says:

This is a timeless template. Congratulations to web designer and the whole team!

175. Avatar June 30th, 2013 at 3:32 am Gisell Says:

My friend edited and adapted this beautiful template. I prefer the original;)

Email will not be published

Website example