Notepad Chaos

Just another WordPress weblog

Notepad Chaos Version 2.0

Version 2.0 is finally here. I went ahead and redesigned into a wider, 3-column layout to allow more room for widgets and such. I had to ditch the old route of using pages, so they’ve been added into a new column to scale easier. Gravatars and widgets have all been enabled, and now you should have plenty of room to build in ad space if you’d like. I considered building that in, but still haven’t figured out how to hook into the WordPress dashboard for easier manipulation. I guess that will be version 2.5…

Anyhow, enjoy the theme. New files are located below to download:

Please leave the footer links and logos intact if used. Enjoy!

NOTICE: Please only download this theme from here (, or through Smashing Magazine. There are a few sites out there redistributing this theme with spyware/malware embeded.

Like this theme? Check out the variant theme “Desktop Chaos”:

posted under News, Themes
179 Comments to

“Notepad Chaos Version 2.0”

1. Avatar August 15th, 2012 at 5:51 am Gil Gillespie Says:

Just decided to work around the previous problem but anyone out there know how to add widgets to middle column? Any how to add info to What is this place?

2. Avatar September 18th, 2012 at 7:36 pm Maebee Says:

I was having the same problem with the dates being set as “undefined”. if you use blogger then all you have to do is change the settings. Click on settings, scroll to language and formatting sub-menu: choose and change time stamp format to
    september 18, 2012 (date, month, year), save your changes and refresh. It worked for me! :)

3. Avatar October 12th, 2012 at 1:48 pm Rajiv Verma Says:

I am not able to add an ‘Archives’ page for listing up my older posts, can you please let me know how do I do it?

4. Avatar October 12th, 2012 at 1:48 pm Rajiv Verma Says:

5. Avatar October 13th, 2012 at 1:39 am Cecile Says:

Your WordPress theme is really awesome. Congrats!

6. Avatar October 18th, 2012 at 1:00 pm Bobby Says:

7. Avatar November 19th, 2012 at 8:07 am Jeanne Says:

Awesome this wordpress theme !

8. Avatar December 10th, 2012 at 10:32 pm Yummy Says:

You did a great job

9. Avatar December 30th, 2012 at 10:56 am Dawn Kelly Says:

Hello there! I love this theme – it’s perfect for my refurbished furniture biz. I am having trouble linking to other sites, using the “Friends & Links” feature. How do I do this. HELPPP!!! I really need to use this feature.

10. Avatar February 1st, 2013 at 2:27 pm Dianne Turgeon Richardson Says:

Love your theme. It’s gorgeous. Working on customizing it for my blog. Several people have asked about editing the “What is this place?” section, and there haven’t been any answers. Can someone help me out? It’s not linking to my “about” section as some folks have previously mentioned. I turned that into a page with my bio. I would like the “what is this place?” section to say something about the purpose of my blog. I’m a poet/writer, not a programmer, so please explain it to me like you would to a kindergartener! Thanks!

11. Avatar February 10th, 2013 at 2:08 am david Says:

i love your theme, thank you.
    i try to write a code to auto load more post and comment but i can’t, i realy need it. if you can, i think you shoud do that

12. Avatar February 11th, 2013 at 2:48 am john Says:

how to show new comment on the top? thank

13. Avatar February 11th, 2013 at 3:13 am john Says:

yeah i fix it, add this code to function.php
    if (!function_exists(‘iweb_reverse_comments’)) {
    function iweb_reverse_comments($comments) {
    return array_reverse($comments);
    add_filter (‘comments_array’, ‘iweb_reverse_comments’);

and new comment will show on top.

14. Avatar March 11th, 2013 at 3:24 pm Ivana Says:

Notepad chaos is amazing theme, thanks for sharing.

15. Avatar March 14th, 2013 at 10:27 pm GAbrielle Sutherland Says:

I loe both your themes, and am using them both–thank you. I have a problem though–I’m getting this error message for v 2.0
    Unpacking the package…

Installing the theme…

The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet.

Theme install failed.

Where can I get the css style sheet?

16. Avatar March 15th, 2013 at 9:08 am Brandz Says:

I have déjà vu when I see this template, remind me of elementary school.;)

This template is one of the best I’ve seen!

17. Avatar March 30th, 2013 at 5:06 am Tamara Says:

Amazing template, thanks for sharing :)

18. Avatar April 8th, 2013 at 10:46 pm Bea Says:

Beautiful template. Thank you!
    But just one question: the template is with fix width. How can I make it a lbit widther without destroying the header image? Can you help me? That would be so great!!!

19. Avatar April 14th, 2013 at 1:41 am Vlado Says:

I believe that for this template took a lot of effort and vision, but the result is fantastic 😉

20. Avatar April 26th, 2013 at 2:14 pm What Causes Bed Bugs Says:

Good way of describing, and good piece of writing to get facts regarding my presentation subject, which i
    am going to convey in college.

Feel free to visit my web blog: What Causes Bed Bugs

21. Avatar May 1st, 2013 at 2:25 am Says:

Simply want to say your article is as astounding. The clearness
    to your post is simply nice and that i could think you’re a professional on this subject. Well with your permission let me to snatch your feed to keep up to date with coming near near post. Thanks 1,000,000 and please carry on the rewarding work.

22. Avatar May 1st, 2013 at 3:59 pm Sasa Says:

I admire people who know how to create such a masterpiece of web design!

23. Avatar May 3rd, 2013 at 2:44 pm Tom Says:

I bought a wordpress theme for my site, but I see there is a free theme that can be used for a good blog. Amazing;)

24. Avatar June 8th, 2013 at 1:33 pm Sanjin Says:

This is a timeless template. Congratulations to web designer and the whole team!

25. Avatar June 30th, 2013 at 3:32 am Gisell Says:

My friend edited and adapted this beautiful template. I prefer the original;)

26. Avatar August 13th, 2013 at 1:21 pm Samanta Says:

I was planned to buy a WordPress template, but after I saw this theme, buying is out 😉

27. Avatar January 27th, 2014 at 4:17 am Ashish Says:

Very nice theme and installing that to my blog , Thank a lot for sharing ..

28. Avatar April 28th, 2014 at 5:11 am Lizzie Flowers Says:

This is probably a newbie comment and I apologize but how can I make the display font larger?

29. Avatar July 1st, 2014 at 5:16 am İzmir Web Tasarım Says:

i loved this theme so much. Thanks a lot to developers.

Email will not be published

Website example